Saturday, May 16, 2009

Life Path

I believe that we all wonder at some point if the path we are walking in life is the path we are truly intended to be on or if we made a wrong turn somewhere along the way and missed the path that leads us to where we really belong.

It's so easy to get bogged down with where we are. To see no way out of or through the situations we are in, whether it be our jobs, finances, a relationship or some other situation in our life. It seems as though we are stuck as if in mud and mire and cannot move from the course we are on. Take heart!

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16:11

"You broaden the path beneath me so that my ankles do not turn." Psalm 18:36

"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths..." Psalm 25:4

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105

"Listen, my son, and be wise and keep your heart on the right path." Proverbs 23:19

"You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence." Acts 2:28

Throughout the Bible there are references to the paths that we all take. Paths of deception, dishonesty, lust; paths of grace, hope, direction. One thing is prevalent as well...that if we place our lives, our paths, in the hands of Almighty God, that He will direct our steps. We have to be willing and unafraid to change the course of our lives, to alter our steps and direction and to move forward into the life that He has planned for us.

The trials and tribulations that we face day in and day out are not always lessons to be learned; they can be the gentle hand of our heavenly father urging us to simply move. Move out of our comfort zone and out of the darkness that surrounds us. We just have to be willing to step forward, to take a leap of faith into the great unknown, that is well known by God.

No comments: