Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Roads to Travel On

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1 (KJV)

I have reached the end of a season in my life, one that has been both a blessing and a burden for the past 8 1/2 years. It took much prayer, laying a "fleece" before God and being still enough to hear what He had to tell me. If I did not trust that this was what He wanted for me, I would not have taken the steps I have, especially with the economic crisis that has saturated America. What a wonderful thing to know that our heavenly Father is not in an economic crisis! To know that He still has cattle on a thousand hills, streets that are paved with gold and precious jewels that adorn the gates of His city! When He says, "It's time!" You better believe that "it's TIME!"

So here I stand, seeing with my human eyes the concerns and responsibilities that lay before me, not knowing, with my human mind how I will make all the ends meet. Here I also stand with my spirit eyes, taking in all the wonder and glory that my Daddy God has in store for me, for those I love, for those I long to be help. With my spirit eyes, I see the provision, the abundance, the blessing...pouring out, overflowing, spilling over onto others. My hope, my trust, my life is in the hands of my loving Lord and Savior. My Provider. My Healer. The Lifter of My Head. In this journey, He is my hope, my joy and my goal.

So now, as I begin this new journey, down this new road, I look forward expectantly to the wonderful things that He has planned for my life, for the lives of my loved ones - family and friends, alike. He cannot bless what we do not give to him freely. Each day I say, "Lord, my life is yours to do with as you please. Mold me, make me into what you want me to be. My life is in your hands!"

No comments: