Tuesday, January 15, 2008

TRUST

No raise this year...gas prices rising...utilities increasing...stress...worry...

"I trust you, Lord."
Deadlines...sickness...loneliness...
"I trust you, Lord."

Fear...doubt...insecurity...
"I trust you, Lord."

Marital problems...children out of control...debts piling up...

"I trust you, Lord."

What do you say as you face your daily life?

"I trust you, Lord."

It's a simple statement...but perhaps it's one that is used too infrequently or too flippantly by many of us. Do we really trust Him? The acronym of trust: to rest on sure things. Funny that the word rest is in there. Most of us don't even know what the word "rest" really means anymore. Rest is defined as: freedom from activity or labor; peace of mind, or spirit. How appropriate that the word trust can represent a ceasing of labor and peace of mind. How many of us are looking for those very things?! So then why do we find it so hard to trust God? Is it that part of us that doesn't really want to let go of the reigns and let someone else take control of the situations in our life? Or is it that we are just so sure that no one else can really take care of things the way we can? Or is it that we have just lost our simple, child-like ability to trust our Creator?

Whatever the cause is for each of us individually, it comes down simply to this: Giving it to Him is not giving up. It's trusting that He knows better than we do in each of the situations.

Each day my prayer is this: I trust you, Lord. My life, my thoughts, my needs, my wants, my dreams...everything that I have, everything that I don't have...I place it all in Your Hands. I trust that You know what the very best for me is in each of my life situations. I rest in Your promise that You only want good things for my life. I know that what You have in mind for me is a sure thing. I trust you, Lord!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Oh, how I want to cry right now! I'm just amazed at the Lord for I'm in a time in my life right now where I'm wrestling with His will for my life, yet I want to surrender all. Being led to your blog (literally, for I just clicked "next blog" and here I am!) and reading your heart-felt thoughts has truly brought me closer to his gaze and heart.
Thank you a thousand times, my friend! I pray His Holy Spirit will be very near you today.
- Jo

Jo said...

*There was an error when I first tried commenting, so you may end up getting two.

Oh, how I want to cry for I'm in awe of the Lord as He's lead me to your blog today. I was at another blog, clicked "next blog" and found myself reading the stirring, beautiful writings of a woman who lives in my favorite state: Texas!
Lately I've been wrestling with the Lord regarding one particular area of my life, and I can't tell you how badly I want to just surrender all to his care, for her really knows best, doesn't he?
Well, please know that you were used mightily by the Lord today, in the life of a stranger from North Carolina, but please, do keep pouring out your heart through writing. Its so inspiring and encouraging.
Blessings, dear friend!
- Jo
P.S. I'm adding you to my blogroll!