Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday Musings

I have so many other things I should be doing...I need to be doing...and yet, here I sit. Setting up a blog that both tantalizes and frightens me. It's been ages since I have done any kind of writing, but at one time, it was my heart's passion. Only to be left in the dusty pages of my youth, overshadowed or completely covered up by the reality of daily living - working to earn ones keep and to just make it through each day.

Lately...I've felt it's tug again. In the moments when all is quiet and still - I hear the echos of a love forgotten: whispering, tugging, wooing...calling me back to the contemplative times of my youth. The many hours spent daydreaming, hearing stories and poems rushing through the fragrant walkways of my mind. Dare I even contemplate pursing that love again? Have I waited too long? Have I ignored it so much that there is nothing left to imagine? Those are my fears. What if there is no talent left? What if I squandered what was given and have just an empty space where that blessing was once placed?

I will try again. I will spend precious time in prayer and study, seeking, believing that the thing He placed so vibrantly within me, that has been left to ruin, can be reborn. That new life and new breath can be breathed into that which has been mis-used, forgotten and taken for granted.

"Lord, this is my prayer. That I may use the talents that you have blessed me with to touch the lives of others. That Your Light, Your Love, Your Hope will once again, breathe through me. Let my life be a beacon for those in search of You. A lighthouse of Hope in a world struggling to survive, to find reason in the insanity of life; to once again Believe and to Trust; to come to intimately know You - Almighty God."

4 comments:

Steve Sensenig said...

I get to be the first to welcome you to the blogosphere? (Unless there are other comments that you haven't moderated yet.)

Anyway, welcome! I look forward to reading your thoughts.

steve :)

Melissa said...

You are the first to welcome me! :) Appropriate, don't you think? :) And thank you!

Jo said...

Beautiful... is simply beautiful. Write on and share your thoughts and writers heart!

Peggie said...

You make all of us want to awaken what appear to be dead dreams and once more draw much closer to the giver of life, and allow him to give us dreams again. To see Him work in a mighty way in our lives to fulfil the dreams He gave.