Saturday, January 12, 2008

Swept and Ready

As I watch the time slip swiftly by me today and think of all the things I've yet to do, that I need to do, but cannot seem to force myself to do...I think of the things that He did for me, for you. That he did not want to do, but He did it anyway. Out of Love. A Love so great that it caused Him to give His very Life। His life was swept and ready for what lay ahead of Him. Today I asked myself, "Is yours?"

To my dismay, at this moment, I must say "no" as a heavy sigh escapes my lips. Bogged down in life is what I am. The mire is all around me...I need to get sweeping...but again...I just don't feel ready for that labor today. The list if things to do seems to get longer, the clothes pile up; the dishes too. Something always needs dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, washing, walking, feeding. At work there is the never ending stack of paper that no matter how hard I work or quickly I process it, it seems to pile up even more. No, today I am bogged deeply in the mire of life...buried in self pity and loathing of my life. I am tired. I am weary. I do not want to sweep my life clean right now.

Neither did I. But I Love you so much that I did it anyway.

"Okay, Lord।" I sigh, again. "I get it." And I do. In spite of all that life is throwing at us, all the cares and frustrations, all the work, the constant struggle...He is there. He will be there. And He wants us to do the same for Him. So now, I cease my daily struggle with this fleshly life and I begin to sweep my soul, slowly, methodically. Back and forth. The dust flies, swirling in the air, dancing on the rays of light that shine through the windows of my soul. Sweep, dust, make ready. The King of Kings is calling...knocking on my heart's door. Am I swept and ready to receive Him?


1 comment:

Peggie said...

My Dear Child,

I am amazed at how God is moving in your life and so very proud of how you are responding. Stay sensitive to His spirit. I am so proud to have borne you.